Our pregnancy, remedial, relaxation and lymphatic massage appointments are back for our regular clients after an extended hiatus in 2021. We made it! Unfortunately for those wishing to make a first-time booking, due to the much-appreciated support of our loyal regular massage clients, we currently have limited capacity to take on new clients. Thank you so much for your support over the last 17 years, we are very grateful to be so thoroughly booked.
Researchers have found massage to improve mood, reduce stress and provide relief from painful conditions. It also elevates your perception of your physical and emotional wellbeing. In fact, research has found that even seated massage treatments provide benefits of
significantly reduced pain and muscular tension.
While participants in similar massage studies also
reported significantly reduced perceived stress.
Research is definitely important. But if you do want to lend your body to scientific studies, we think research into massage is the way to go. Massage feels great. Even if you are sceptical, your personal experience of massage will soon find you validating your own personal inquiry into the benefits of massage.
Choose a massage that suits your needs. We offer 30, 60 and 90-minute massages in the style you prefer. See below for our list of services:
What is a Remedial Massage?
A practitioner designs a remedial massage to treat specific conditions. It may be especially helpful for back and sciatic pain, neck and shoulder tension, arthritis and posture-related aches and pains. Sports and work-related injuries also benefit from remedial massage. Treatment will include assessment, assisted stretching and a home maintenance plan.
- A 90-minute treatment is great for clients who wish to treat multiple problem areas. Clients may combine this with a maintenance massage for the rest of the body. Patients who wish to have a full-body remedial massage treatment are advised to book a 90-minute appointment. $130
- A 60-minute treatment may be used to treat a specific problem area combined with a maintenance massage for the rest of the body. Alternately, the client may prefer to use the full hour to address 2-3 major problem areas. $90
- A 30-minute appointment is focused on a single problem area. This may include related muscle groups associated with the primary problem. $60
What is Relaxation Massage?
This is a soothing massage incorporating aromatherapy, acupressure and therapeutic pressure. The practitioner lengthens contracted muscles to renew from head to toe. This is an effective treatment for stress, overwork and symptoms of anxiety.
- A 90-minute session allows enough time to deeply relax. Drift into a dream-like state and emerge with a sensation of contentment, bordering on bliss! $130
- A 60-minute relaxation massage lulls you into a state of worry-free contentment. An escape from everyday life that follows you into your day. $90
What is Pregnancy Massage?
We use a specially built pregnancy support pillow. This allows you to feel comfortable during your massage no matter what stage of pregnancy. This is a gentle, safe and nurturing style of massage. It is designed to relieve postural tension, improve circulation and stimulate cell nutrition during this time of additional stress on your body. Many clients also find that they simply feel better about themselves and better able to stay in touch with their changing bodies. This is a nurturing treatment when growing a baby often feels like hard work.
Light strokes are used to gently stimulate the passage of lymphatic fluid. This improves the flow of lymph out of tissues and back into the blood. Lymphatic massage has been found to improve immune function by increasing filtration through the lymph nodes and the elimination of wastes.
The movement of lymph increases the dispersal of swelling caused by injury or surgery, decreasing healing time and inflammation. Fluid retention may occur during pregnancy. Patients who have had lymph nodes removed as part of cancer treatment, also find benefit with this type of massage. People usually sleep very well after a lymphatic massage treatment. So, this is a great option for those that have sleep difficulties or chronic fatigue.
Which Massage is Right for You?
If you can't decide which massage is right for your needs, call the clinic to speak to a massage practitioner. Then go ahead and book yourself in for a massage today.